Assam Government has made an announcement for the welfare of Government Employees working under Assam Government. According to this, govt. employees looking for a new house can avail housing loan at subsidized interest rate from SBI bank. The Assam Government has signed an MoU with State Bank of India regarding this scheme. All Govt employees of Assam Government including women, Men, and even their children can avail benefits from this scheme.
Key Highlights of the Scheme
- Women of Assam Government can take housing loan of up to 15 Lakh at a subsidized interest rate of 5%
- Working men under Assam Government can take housing loan of up to 15 Lakh at a subsidized interest rate of 5.5%.
- Children of Assam Government Employees can take education loan for higher studies at subsidized interest rate of 4%. The ,maximum amount of loan that they can receive is 10 Lakh.
- Housing loan, both for men and women will be free from any collateral security and processing fee.
- To avail the education loan, children of Assam Government Employees can visit www.vidyalakshmi.com loan portal.
- The current rate of interest for SBI education loan is 11%. But out of this 11%, only 4% will be charged from the employee. The remaining 7% will be offered as an interest subsidy by the state government.
- The housing loan for government employees comes under “Apun Ghar” scheme launched by State Government, whereas the education loan comes under the “Pradhan Mantri Vidya Lakshmi Karyakram (PMVLK)” scheme launched on August 15, 2015 by center Government.
For more information, visit : http://realty.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/allied-industries/housing-loan-at-5-interest-for-assam-govt-employees/57789377